

I've done absolutely nothing productive today...although technically Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest. Well, actually I did do something...I ordered my new dishes from Macy's. That's pretty exciting considering I have been using the same ugly Corelle dishes that belonged to Matt when we got married 4 years ago. I was waiting for them to go on sale again, Macy's pulled a fast one and raised the price on them again...sneaky little twerps! I went online again today and...surprise!! They were back down to the lower price. I won't actually get them until the end of Feb. or beginning of March, but who cares? Even before Matt & I got married I was using bits & pieces of various sets. Here are a couple of pics of what they'll look like...The pattern is Italian Countryside by Mikasa.
I am SOOOO not looking forward to going to work in the morning. This will be my first full week of FULL TIME work in a long time. I wouldn't worry quite so much if our new executive director was not scary. And by scary, I don't mean that he is demanding or ...well...MEAN. It's just that he has no clue what he is doing!! Every day he comes up with crazy ideas for our agency. He has no background in the arts...kinda important for an arts agency, don't ya think?!! He also has never written a grant (where most of our funding comes from), can barely write a coherent sentence...and (horror of horrors) actually THINKS he's funny and interesting to talk to!!! He talks incessantly(mostly about himself)...one day last week he parked himself in front of my desk and talked for an hour and a half!! How do you tell your boss he needs to leave you alone to do your work?!! Add to that he has also tried to tell me where I ought to move my desk and when I should put artwork up on the walls of my new office!! I would worry that it was just me, that I was exaggerating, but my co-workers feel the same way. I guess there is nothing to do but pray & soldier on...have to admit though that I am having second thoughts with my decision to take this position. :-/
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Waisting My Time...In the Waiting Line...
Posted by Pam R. at 1/25/2009 10:38:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment